A significant majority of the Republican Party has been in contradiction with the principles of what it means to be a Republican.
No longer can we tolerate these transgressions of the nationalist populist majority of the party. Reagan’s 11th commandment is dead.
The young Republicans of this club will reject hostility to equal justice, equal rights, and equal opportunity for every American to thrive.
We reject racist and xenophobic rhetoric and policies.
We reject baseless conspiracy theories whose purpose is to incite violence against fellow Americans and suppress our sacred right to vote.
Accordingly, the members of the Brooklyn Young Republican Club Board of Directors have instituted the following policies to ensure the integrity of the club’s commitment to Republican principles and our organization’s objectives.
The battle for the soul of the American experiment and the battle for the soul of the Republican Party go hand in hand. This is but one small step in that battle. And only if we are all in it together can we make that giant leap towards liberty and justice for all.Joel M. Acevedo, BKYR President
On Wednesday, November 11, 2020, the Board of Directors of the Brooklyn Young Republican Club adopted the following Resolution at their monthly Board of Directors Meeting.
Resolution #7-2020 states,
“NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT:
RESOLVED, by the Board of Directors of the Brooklyn Young Republican Club Inc., that grounds for rejecting a membership application or expelling a member as “inimical to the best interests of the club” shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- An applicant who does not receive the sponsorship of at least two voting members of the Board of Directors attesting to the applicant’s general sympathy with or preference for the Republican Party’s principles and support for the objects of the club.
- An applicant or member who has not attended at least two meetings or events of the club within the last 12 months.
- An applicant or member who seeks to advance, contrary to the principles of the Republican Party, any ideology or policy, directly or indirectly, that defends or contributes to:
- the continued existence or legacy of systemic or institutional racism,
- white supremacy or any racial, ethnic, or religious supremacy or nationalism of any kind,
- sympathy with the causes of the Confederate States of America, or
- acts of hate, exclusion, disenfranchisement or discrimination of any kind against American citizens or any person because of matters of conscience or immutable characteristics.
- An applicant or member who seeks to undermine support for equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all persons, or to advance policies whose consequences would be evidently tantamount to the same.
- An applicant or member who seeks to advance theories or arguments substantially lacking an objective and independently verifiable factual basis.
- An applicant or member who seeks to advance any anti-republican platform, movement, faction or person whose effect would substantially be to undermine liberty as non-domination, the integrity of due process, the rule of law, separation of powers, federalism and limited constitutional democratically-elected republican government, which are our only bulwarks to protect and promote liberty and justice for all.”
Read the full resolution here:
Elephants Fighting Image Credit: CherylRamalho/Shutterstock.com